PB&J Turkey Burger
Ever since I went to Washington, D.C. in November and visited Ted's Bulletin for the first time, I've been craving that delicious PB&J and bacon burger they sell! It was so good and something I had never tried before. Peanut butter on a burger? With a special tomato jam? WHAT?!
So for the last three months, it's the only burger I've wanted but living in Florida creates quite the conundrum for me. That's when I decided to attempt to re-create this delicious specialty and add a little healthy spin to it!
Here is my recreated PB&J burger: turkey burger + all natural peanut butter + homemade tomato jam + 100-cal wheat flat-bun
1 package of ground turkey (makes about 5-6 burgers)
Bread/buns (choose the healthiest and best option for you!)
Homemade Tomato Jam Ingredients:
8 - 10 grape tomatoes
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
Pinch of salt
1. Roll ground turkey into patties
2. Cook on the grill or in a frying pan with a dash of oil until browned on both sides and cooked through
1. Chop the tomatoes into tiny bits
2. Mix in a saucepan with the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt and bring to a boil
3. Once at a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until it reaches the consistency of jam (about 20-30 minutes)
4. Place in mason jar and chill!
Time to eat! Pile on the peanut butter (about 1 tbsp per burger) and dollop on the cooled jam - add bacon if desired but it will bring down the "healthy" aspect a little - and enjoy!