Carb-Less Pizza Two Ways
It's so unbelievably hard to be healthy 24/7. I mean, honestly, with all the pizza memes and pizza commercials and overall craving for heaven in our mouth, how could we possibly stay away from pizza completely?
Have no fear! There is a way to indulge while still being our healthy sevles.
There are two options for you: CAULIFLOWER or BROCCOLI
So what are you in the mood for?!
Both recipes are super easy and completely similar minus the veggie of choice.
Here's my buffalo chicken broccoli-crusted pizza! I preferred the broccoli crust to the cauliflower, but I'm a huge broccoli-eater and totally biased.
Here's my cauliflower-crusted turkey pepperoni and spinach pizza!
1 head of broccoli or cauliflower
1 tsp garlic powder
Pin of salt and pepper
1 1/2 cup Mozzarella
~1 cup Marinara or Pizza Sauce
Whatever pizza toppings you'd like: chicken, buffalo sauce, feta, spinach, pepperoni, etc!
1. Cut the broccoli or cauliflower down into florets and place in blender to puree down into crumbs
2. Cook the broccoli or cauliflower crumbs for about 1.5 to 2 minutes
3. Let cool so you can handle and then ring out the excess water with a towel
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
5. Mix veggie crumbs + 1 egg + garlic powder + salt and pepper + 1/2 cup mozzarella in a large bowl
6. Flatten mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and shape into a pizza
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are either golden (cauliflower) or a dark green-brown (broccoli)
8. Take crust out and add as much marinara or pizza sauce as you prefer
9. Add toppings of your choice - remember, get creative! - and top with remaining cheese
10. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted (you can broil for a little bit if you want the cheese to brown)