Valentine's - aka Victory - Day
It's that time of year again! The time for flowers, chocolate, fancy dinners, and heart shaped everything from cookies to pillows to toilet paper sheets. Instead of complaining about it or calling it SAD-day, let's call it the name it deserves...Victory Day.
We're victors! We have stayed single for another WHOLE year! We did it, despite all odds: we remained companion-free.
February 14 is a day to celebrate our singleness. Our day to celebrate independence and individuality. Our day to celebrate our ability to not give in to societal standards of being coupled off.
How to Celebrate Victory Day:
1. Turn that frown upside down... into smirks
2. Catch those tears and water the flowers planted in the ashes of your ex's stuff
3. Throw away the pity-chocolates and order yourself a damn cake to congratulate yourself
4. Take those heart shaped candies and crush them as party favors for V-Day
5. Don't cancel that dinner reservation, find the sexiest dress you have, and grab your bestie
6. Don't run from the color red, instead paint your face for battle
Embrace the holiday with open arms and a heart full of sass. It will make it so much better while all those fake couples showcase their love as publicly as they can.