Fall, AKA society's coveted season, is the trendiest of seasons, the hippest time of the year. We start mentally prepping in August for this fantastic season, with our expectations higher than cost of a Starbucks' PSL. However, sometimes our expectations are a little high compared to reality.
1. DRINKS Expectation: Warm, comforting drinks that taste like a pumpkin pie and smell like fall Reality: Pumpkin Spice Lattes haunt your every Starbucks encounter, your every coffee break, your every nightmare...
2. FASHION Expectation: Cute knee-high boots, long sweaters and snuggly scarves Reality: Hoodies... just hoodies
3. FOOD Expectation: Trying out some new recipes, making delicious and pumpkin-infused treats that get all the Instagram likes Reality: You buy another PSL and call it a day
4. WEATHER Expectation: The temperature slowly cools and remains bearable throughout all of October and November Reality: It's slightly cool and then starts to snow in the middle of October... unless you're in Florida, where it's still 80 degrees
5. NIGHTS Expectation: Cozy nights around the fire, making s'more with your best friends, laughing and drinking cider and pumpkin beer Reality: You watch Hocus Pocus on replay by yourself with chocolate smeared all over your face